CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) will present data from its Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease programs at the 13th International Conference on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases (AD/PD™) in Vienna, Austria March 29 – April 2, 2017. The Biogen presentations include data from research of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease biomarkers; the investigational treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, aducanumab; and the investigational treatment for Parkinson’s disease, BIIB054.
The scheduled presentations include:
- Binding and functional characterization of human-derived anti-alpha-synuclein antibody BIIB054. Platform, March 29, 2017: 12:00 p.m. CET.
- Longitudinal dopamine transporter (DAT) spect change in Parkinson’s disease within anatomically derived brain regions. Poster 281, March 31, 2017: 8:00 a.m. CET.
- Twelve-month interim analysis of APOE4 carriers for fixed and titration dosing regimens in PRIME, a Phase 1b study of aducanumab. Platform, March 31, 2017: 10:15 a.m. CET. This is an updated analysis showing the previously presented Phase 1b titration cohort (first presented at the Clinical Trials on Alzheimer’s Disease Meeting (CTAD) in December, 2016) together with the ApoE4 subgroups from the 1,3,6 and 10mg/kg fixed dosing cohorts.
This slide presentation will be available concurrently with the session on the Investor section of the Biogen company website, www.Biogen.com.
- Amyloid-positive subjects exhibit longitudinal reductions in default mode network spontaneous brain activity over a two-year period. Platform, March 31, 2017: 5:15 p.m. CET.
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single ascending dose study of anti-alpha-synuclein antibody BIIB054 in healthy volunteers. Platform, April 2, 2017: 12:30 p.m. CET.
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology, and today the company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis; has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy; and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. For more information, please visit www.biogen.com. Follow us on social media – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube.
Biogen Safe Harbor
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the development of and potential benefits, safety and efficacy of investigational drugs including aducanumab and BIIB054. These statements may be identified by words such as “believe,” “except,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “will” and similar expressions, and are based on our current beliefs and expectations. You should not place undue reliance on these statements or the scientific data presented. These statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those reflected in such statements, including uncertainty of success in the development of aducanumab and/or BIIB054, which may be impacted by, among other things, the occurrence of adverse safety events, failure to obtain regulatory approvals in certain jurisdictions, failure to protect intellectual property and other proprietary rights, product liability claims, third party collaboration risks and the other risks and uncertainties that are described in the Risk Factors section of Biogen’s most recent annual or quarterly report and in other reports Biogen has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Any forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this press release and we assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statement.