CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – September 15, 2021 – Biogen Inc. (Nasdaq: BIIB) today announced the agenda for its Investor R&D Day. During this virtual event, Biogen’s management and scientific leaders will provide a comprehensive review of the Company’s robust and diversified neuroscience pipeline.
The event will be webcast live on September 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. ET. To register for the webcast, please go to the investors section of Biogen’s website at investors.biogen.com or click here. Following the live webcast, an archived version of the webcast will be available at the same web link.
Biogen’s Investor R&D Day will cover the following topics:
- Opening Remarks – Michel Vounatsos, Chief Executive Officer
- Biogen R&D Strategy – Alfred Sandrock, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., Head of Research & Development
- A Leading Alzheimer’s Disease Clinical Portfolio – Samantha Budd Haeberlein, Ph.D., Head of Neurodegeneration Development, and Lynn Kramer, M.D., Chief Clinical Officer, Neurology Business Group at Eisai Co., Ltd.
- New Innovations for Neuropsychiatric Diseases – Mona Kotecha, M.D., Senior Medical Director, and Jim Doherty, Ph.D., Chief Research Officer at Sage Therapeutics
- Building an ALS Portfolio – Toby Ferguson, M.D., Ph.D., Head of Neuromuscular Development
- Novel Therapeutic Approaches for Stroke – Josh Bell, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director
- Advancing a Late-Stage Lupus Pipeline – Nathalie Franchimont, M.D., Ph.D., Head of Multiple Sclerosis and Immunology Development
- Market Opportunity – Michael McDonnell, Chief Financial Officer
- Q&A Session
On September 20, 2021, in advance of the live webcast event, video presentations on the following topics will be made available at the same web link at 8:00 a.m. ET.
- Movement Disorders at Biogen – Tien Dam, M.D., Head of Movement Disorders and Carole Ho, M.D., Chief Medical Officer & Head of Development at Denali Therapeutics
- Multiple Sclerosis Portfolio – Jerome Hanna, MB BCh, Senior Medical Director
- Alzheimer’s Disease Research Portfolio – Dominic Walsh, Ph.D., Head of Neurodegeneration Research Unit
- Research: Building the Pipeline of the Future – Chris Henderson, Ph.D., Head of Research
- Human Genetics: A “Human-First” Drug Discovery Pipeline – Sally John, Ph.D., Head of Translational Biology
- Biotherapeutics and Medicinal Sciences at Biogen – Anabella Villalobos, Ph.D., Head of Biotherapeutic and Medicinal Sciences
- Biogen Gene Therapy – Junghae Suh, Ph.D., Head of Gene Therapy Accelerator Unit
- Biomarkers – John Beaver, Ph.D., Head of Biomarkers
- Biogen Digital Health – Martin Dubuc, Head of Biogen Digital Health, Shibeshih Belachew, M.D., Ph.D., Head of Biogen Digital Health Sciences, and James Williams, Ph.D., Head of Biogen Digital Health External Innovation & Alliances
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases as well as related therapeutic adjacencies. One of the world’s first global biotechnology companies, Biogen was founded in 1978 by Charles Weissmann, Heinz Schaller, Kenneth Murray and Nobel Prize winners Walter Gilbert and Phillip Sharp. Today Biogen has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics and is focused on advancing research programs in multiple sclerosis and neuroimmunology, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, neuromuscular disorders, movement disorders, ophthalmology, neuropsychiatry, immunology, acute neurology and neuropathic pain.
We routinely post information that may be important to investors on our website at www.biogen.com. To learn more, please visit www.biogen.com and follow us on social media – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube.